ATLANTA AERO CLUB'S FIRST IN PERSON LUNCHEON FOR 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
WE ARE BACK IN PERSON! Join us for lunch, networking, and Epps Award Winner presentation at the 57th Fighter Group. We are looking forward to seeing all of our aviation friends again!
Michael Williams is an aerospace engineer, aviation industry inventor, award recipient, U.S. patent holder, and Georgia native that has broken barriers every step in his career. After the tragic TWA Flight 800 crash that killed 230 people, Williams revolutionized aircraft fuel safety by developing multiple in-cabin safety enhancements and the first reticulated foam-based fuel ignition mitigation system (INVICTA) that is installed on a majority of Delta Air Lines fleets and approximately 60 aircraft worldwide.
Developed to assure that a TWA Flight 800 explosion does not reoccur, Jetaire’s INVICTA product is certified by the FAA and installed in 60 Boeing and Airbus models around the world. The INVICTA solution received three patents from the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office and is highly regarded in the industry with an FAA official stating, “INVICTA technology should be on every aircraft flying.”
Mr. Williams is responsible for nearly 200 major design approvals and certification of more than 500 major FAA approvals for commercial and corporate aircraft. He has held top executive positions and received national recognition for:
• Global pioneer and U.S. patent holder of the first foam Aircraft Fuel Safety System to ensure the TWA 800 explosion does not reoccur.
• After the ValueJet Flight 596 accident in 1996, Mr. Williams was the first individual to develop and certify an aftermarket system to suppress fires in lower cargo holds for B737, B727, MD80/90, and L-1011 aircraft.
• One of the youngest and first African Americans designated by the FAA as a Designated Engineering Representative (DER).
• Winner of the 2021 Epps Award which is given by the Atlanta Aero Club to an individual who has made significant contributions to the aviation community.
• One of the first African American aerospace manufacturers in Georgia.
• Winner of the 2020 Georgia GLOBE Award highlighting companies exporting to international markets and having a huge impact on the state’s economy.
• Delta Small Business Award Winner reflecting Delta’s core values of integrity and commitment to inclusion.
• Entrepreneur 360 Award recognizing organizational leadership and industry impact.
• Recognized by the NAACP for being a role model for African American students interested in Aerospace Engineering.
• Global offices serving more than 50 countries and certified by the FAA, ANAC, AFAC, and EASA.
- In Person Member Ticket$40$400$0
- In Person Non-Member Ticket$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0
- Webinar - Remote Event Access$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0